An IdleMarker allows you to specify how an Actor should behave when they reach a specific area. These IdleMarkers can represent specific animations such as SweepIdleMarker or CounterLeanMarker, or allow the Actor to choose randomly from among a set of potential animations such as PatrolIdleMarker, which includes a set of ten animations like shifting weight or swatting flies. Actors will ignore any animations they can't use. The IdleMarker object is found within the Object Window under the Miscellaneous Category.
Editor Dialog[edit | edit source]
- ID: The ID, also referred to as Editor ID, is used by the Creation Kit to uniquely identify this record within a Data File.
- Child Can Use: Whether a child Actor should be allowed to use this Idle Marker. As usual, if they don't have the appropriate animation, they won't use it anyway.
- Ignored by Sandbox: If checked, Actors will never find this Idle Marker when wandering as part of a Sandbox Package. Only Actors specifically linked to it will use it.
- Marker Model: The 3D Model File that will be used for this object. This replaces the default blue 'I' marker in the Creation Kit.
- Idle Info: A list that displays the EditorID of each Idle and its associated event name.
- Random: Idles to be used will be picked randomly from among all Idles in the list.
- Run In Sequence: Each Idle in the list will be run in sequence.
- Do Once: Each Idle that is run will be run only once.
- Idle Timer Setting: How long to wait before picking a new idle. For Run In Sequence, the timer will run in between each sequence. For Random, the timer runs between each Idle.
- Keywords: A list of Keywords that signal information to other Game Systems.