Miscellaneous items are objects than can be placed in the player's inventory, but do not otherwise have a function. They react to Havok physics, have a value and a weight, but are otherwise inert. The MiscItem object is found within the Object Window under the Items Category.
Editor Dialog[edit | edit source]
- ID: The ID, also referred to as Editor ID, is used by the Creation Kit to uniquely identify this record within a Data File.
- Name: The object's name as it will appear within the game world and user interface menus.
- Weight: The weight of this object which represents how heavy it is.
- Value: The object's value in caps which determines its worth to vendors.
- Add Destruction Data: Allows you to configure the objects destruction data with the Destructible Object Data editor.
- Pickup Sound: The Sound Descriptor played when the object is picked up.
- Putdown Sound: The Sound Descriptor played when the object is dropped.
- Preview Transform: A Transform applies positioning to a Model File. These may be used when previewing objects within the Creation Kit or in-game user interface menus.
- Featured Item Message:
- Inventory Image: The Texture File to use for an inventory image. This property is depreciated, obsolete, or does not appear to be used by the game.
- Message Icon: The Texture File that will be used for this object's message icon. This property is depreciated, obsolete, or does not appear to be used by the game.
- Model: The 3D Model File that will be used for this object.
- Pack-In Use Only: The object is for pack-in use only.
- Scripts: Papyrus scripts may be added, removed, and their properties edited.
- Add: Adds a papyrus script to this object.
- Remove: Removes the selected papyrus script from this object.
- Properties: Shows the papyrus property editor for the selected script.
- Keywords: A list of Keywords that signal information to other Game Systems.
- Component Data: A collection of Components this MiscItem will yield when scrapped. The object's cap Value may also be influenced by entries within the collection.
- Component: The Component object to use.
- Quantity: The amount of this component.
- Display Index: Used for sorting the display order within the user interface. Sorting is alphabetical by default, where higher values are sorted towards the bottom.
Known Issues[edit | edit source]
- From Glitchfinder#8060 on Discord:
After a bit of poking around and experimenting with a few items, I have confirmed that there is (apparently undocumented) handling of havok in the FO4 inventory screen object renderer, that can happen if an item's nif has a destruction node in it.
This can cause the model's in-inventory position and angle to become effectively corrupted for all instances of the item so long as the specifically afflicted instance is in your inventory or loaded into a cell. This altered position also offsets where it falls when you drop it, and can offset where the object can be selected in console (creating a selectable "ghost" that you cannot see while the rendered object cannot be selected).
I have also fixed items "corrupted" by this issue by modifying their nif to remove the destruction node.